Faringdon Town Council and Elms Tennis Association
This public tennis court in Faringdon is managed by a group of volunteers on behalf of The Faringdon Town Council.
It is for the benefit of people in and around Faringdon who wish to play tennis on a casual basis. As Faringdon gets more populated with houses it is good to see that we can still keep our ‘open spaces’ for the general health and well-being of the residents.
We are very much looking forward to ensuring that we can look after the court and attract lots of new players young and old.
Please contact Carolyn Murphy or Alison Scott with any queries. If you wish to join us on the steering group to help the future direction of the court you would be most welcome.
- Key holders must be at least 18 years of age
- A key holder must supervise at all times when the court is in use
- It is the responsibility of the key holder to ensure that the court is locked after use and used in an appropriate manner.
- Please help by sweeping the stones from the court regularly (BUT ONLY WHEN IT IS VERY DRY). Please also sweep the leaves and put them in the bin in the autumn/winter.
- Faringdon Town Council is responsible for maintenance of the court; any observed damage, whether caused by the key holder or not, must be reported to the Town Council (tel 01367 240281) as soon as possible
- The tennis court can only be used in daylight hours
- Keys will be issued on 1st May each year and a new key will need to be purchased annually
- Key for previous year to be returned on 1st May
- Annual fees are £40; cheques should be made payable to ‘Faringdon Elms Tennis Association’ BACS: Sort code is 30 93 18 Acc no is 00625896
- Unauthorised copying of keys is prohibited
- The court can be booked via the online booking service. http://www.supersaas.co.uk/schedule/Woodview/booking
- Booking is for a maximum of 1 hour or longer if not booked by anyone else or no one is waiting to play.
- Please note the tennis court is not an all-weather surface and may be slippery and dangerous when damp; players are requested not to use the court unless the surface is dry.
GREAT NEWS – Thanks to TESCO, WAITROSE and AVIVA we have a shiny new surface. Thanks to everyone for helping with the fundraising!
The court can be booked via the online booking service by clicking HERE