Category Archives: News

Criminal Damage to the Faringdon Town Council Van– Can you help?

We are saddened to report there has been some criminal damage to the Faringdon Town Council Van.


Time and date: Between 17:00 Tuesday 19/06/2018 and 07:00 Wednesday 20/06/2018


Description of incident:  Offender/s have smashed the side passenger window of a Flatbed Truck by throwing part of a brick through it.

Crime report number: 43180186414

We do not wish to alarm you, but you may be able to help us find those responsible and assist in preventing further offences in your neighbourhood.

Did you see anything suspicious?

Do you have any information about this offence?

 If so, we would like to hear from you. Contact the Police Enquiry Centre on 101. If you do not wish to speak to police or leave your name you can call the Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111.

Thames Valley Alerts

Receive free local crime alerts and crime prevention advice by registering at today. This allows anyone who signs up to choose what updates they receive and how they would like to receive it. A new option includes receiving information via text but more traditional landline and email messages are still available. You can also filter the updates you receive by specifying the priority level of the messages you receive.

Neighbourhood Watch is a very successful crime prevention initiative. Getting together with your neighbours to take action can cut local crime. If you would like information on setting up or joining an established local scheme please contact the Neighbourhood Watch Office or your local neighbourhood policing team on 101.

Tidier Faringdon

We are delighted to report several community actions that have helped in the aid to make Faringdon tidier. Our tidy team have been busy as usual responding to resident requests and have in the last week weeks tackled the Hobble and Meadowbank.


Faringdon Unwrapped did a litter pick in the Folly Park wooded area, just look at this lovely picture of some of them in action…..


23 residents from Westbrook and Willes Close came toegther on Saturday to do a street clean and weed with really great results.

Huge Well Done and Thank you to all residents and staff involved in all of the above efforts.

Have you done some tidying up in Faringdon lately? Do tell us about it and we’ll be delighted to share your pictures and stories, email us here

Faringdon Follies 2018 Charity Gala in aid of The Place

Huge thanks to Faringdon Dramatic Society for perfoming and hosting a special gala performance of Faringdon Follies 2018 in aid of The Place last night. Faringdon Town Council and invited guests were honored to watch this fantastic performance of a very special and moving celebration play. We would also like to thank Lord and Lady Faringdon for allowing the gala to take place in the wonderful Buscot Park Theatre. A wonderful time was had by all and £410 was raised for the Place.

Praise for the Information Centre

Wonderful praise for our Information Centre team!

My wife, son and I just returned to the U.S. from a 15 day driving tour of the U.K. and Scottish highlands. I doubt there’s enough room here to fully express how utterly happy it makes us to think of our little stopover in Faringdon.
Our goal was to simply grab a quick snack and get back on the road. We stopped into the tourist office to make sure we could park without penalty and were immediately given a key to the most incredible little church.
Two hours later we were all smiles and had the absolute best Cornish Pasties of our trip on the way out of town.
If someone can respond with the name of the kindest, most energetic tourist agent who so affectionately welcomed us I would share it often.
If ever there was a person properly fitted to a position, this young lady is that person.
We will return to the U.K., and we will visit Faringdon again.