This site provides all sorts of information for both Faringdon residents and visitors to Faringdon. You can find information about Town Council services and business as well as latest news and other local services.
Come and visit us in our office in the Pump House Faringdon. You will find reception and the Information Centre located on the ground floor.
Faringdon Town Council is a ‘parish authority’ for the town of Faringdon in Oxfordshire. Our Mission is to ensure Faringdon is a desirable and thriving place in which to live and work by facilitating and providing quality, sustainable and affordable services which accord with the community’s needs and aspirations.
Smaller authority name: FARINGDON TOWN COUNCIL
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2018
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234
| 1. Date of announcement 20TH June 2018
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2018, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
(b) Sally Thurston, Town Clerk, Faringdon Town Council, The Pump House, 5 Market Place, Faringdon SN7 7HL. 01367240281 email@example.com
commencing on (c) __Thursday 21 June 2018 _______________________
and ending on (d) ___Thurs 2 August 2018 ________________________
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
· The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
· The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
Moore Stephens, (Ref SW/cc)
Rutland House, Minerva Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough
5. This announcement is made by (e) Sally Thurston, Town Clerk